Rules of Play
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern all play, as modified by the Tour Committee and will cover the Junior Tour. A rules sheet will be distributed to each player at the start of each tournament. Responsibility to know and abide by the rules are the responsibility of the player. Any local rules will be attached to the tournament rules.
- All participants will walk during competition. Ages 10-11 only, may ride from greens to family tees.
- Push carts are allowed.
- Distance measuring devices (those measuring only distance) are allowed.
- Maximum score on each hole is circle 10. For example if your junior golfer has already hit their ball 10 times, they will pick it up and will put a 10 with a circle around it on the score card.
During the Junior Tour tournaments first place ties will be broken by a scorecard playoff starting with #1 handicap hole to determine the winner of the medal. Tie breakers for all other places will be handled the same way, but no medal is involved. Points will be split evenly between the tying golfers.
During the Wichita Junior Cup tournament ties will be broken by a sudden death playoff. Hole(s) to be determined by the Golf Professional of the hosting course.
Junior Tour Code of Conduct
Any of the following actions by a Junior Tour player during a tournament or otherwise will constitute as a violation of the Junior Tour - Code of Conduct.
- Unsportmanlike conduct including abusive language, club throwing, cheating, disrespect of volunteers or staff, or abuse to the golf course.
- Use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol.
- Not adhering to the dress code of the facility during a tournament.
- Any physical abuse of another player or staff in any fashion.
The Junior Tour-Tournament Committee and staff may assess any or all of the following penalties based on the severity of the infraction to the Code of Conduct.
- Issue a verbal warning the player(s) and his/her parent/guardian.
- Enforce a two-stroke penalty.
- Disqualify a player(s) from the tournament where the infraction occurs.
- Suspend a player(s) from a portion of the tour.
- Suspend a player(s) from ALL remaining tournaments, including the Wichita Junior Cup.
In addition any player that is disqualified from a tournament for gross misconduct or unsportsmanlike conduct is automatically suspended from the next tournament. No refunds will be given for suspensions from a tournament.
Welcome to all the parents and spectators! We are glad to have each of you here to watch the players. While you are watching, we ask that you observe the following guidelines. These guidelines are being provided to ensure consistency in all Junior Tour golf tournaments.
Spectators are required to follow golf etiquette at all times. When the player you are watching finishes a hole, remember that the other players in the group may still be finishing.
Spectators are asked to stay at least 30 yards behind the group they are watching. However, you need to be aware of the group behind you and not slow them down.
Spectators are asked to NOT pick up any golf balls on the course during
the tournament. These players are not professionals and the owner of the ball may be several fairways over.
Spectators may not offer any advice to any of the players. This includes not offering your suggestions on the club selection, direction of wind, or possible rulings on a situation. If you are 30 yards behind them, this should not be a problem.
- Spectators may help hunt for a lost ball, but may not be in front of the group to watch where their ball lands. (This is called being a fore caddie).
- Spectators shall in no instances move a player's bag or ball or offer or provide a ride in a cart during the round of golf. (The player shall be disqualified.)
- Spectators shall not be involved in the scoring or the recording of scores for the group. The spectators may keep score but cannot correct or dispute the scores of any of the players of the group.
- Spectators may give encouraging remarks such as “nice shot,” “great drive” or “good putt.” Please keep all comments positive and at the appropriate times and for all players in the group.
Spectators are asked to turn cell phones off when in the vicinity of golfers. Golfers in possession of cell phones during play will be disqualified.
- The Tournament Manager has the right to forbid spectators entirely if deemed necessary. They also have the right to ask any spectator to leave the course.
If spectators are not able to abide by these guidelines, they will be asked to leave.
Junior Tour Dress Code
- Hats or visors must be worn with the brim forward.
- Golf appropriate attire at all times while on the course. Boy's shirts must be tucked in at all times. No denim, gym shorts or tee shirts will be worn by any player during an event.
Inclement Weather Policy
The Junior Tour-Rules Committee will notify all players by email (collected at registration) if a cancellation is made one hour prior to the start of a tournament. You may call the host course for any additional information.
- Auburn Hills (316) 219-9700
- MacDonald Park (316) 688-9391
- Arthur B. Sim (316) 337-9100
- Tex Consolver (316) 337-9494